Ahead of CP+ Show in Japan, Nikon revealed 7 new digital camera, their biggest update in a long time:
- Nikon Coolpix P340 – The new compact premium adds WiFi to the excellent P330. Offers an ultra-bright F/1.8 lens with stabilized 5X optical zoom and 12 MP high-speed CMOS sensor. Dual control-dials and full manual-controls make the P340 incredibly capable for its size. Expected next month for $379 USD or $399 CDN.
- Nikon Coolpix P600 – A new flagship ultra-zoom with an incredible 60X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 24-1440mm, making it the longest zoom lenses on any digital camera. Expected this month for $479 USD or CDN.
- Nikon Coolpix P530 – Upgrade of the previous flagship with ultra-wide 42X optical zoom lens. Resolution is slightly reduced to 16 MP and sensitivity upped one step for a maximum of ISO 6400 at full-resolution. Should be available this month for $399 USD or CDN.
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 – Nikon is back in the serious travel-zoom market with an extremely compact 30X optical zoom camera offering full manual-controls with a 25-750mm equivalent lens. Features a 16 MP high-speed CMOS sensor, WiFi and built-in GPS. Expected this month for $349 USD or $379 CDN.
- Nikon Coolpix S9600 – Standard travel-zoom point-and-shoot with 22X optical zoom and a 16 MP high-speed CMOS sensor. Packs built-in WiFi like the S9700.
- Nikon Coolpix AW120 – Toughest Nikon digital camera that handles submersion down to 18m, drops of 2m and temperatures down to -10C. Offers a built-in GPS and WiFi along with improved F/2.8 lens with 5X optical-zoom, equivalent to 28-140mm. Expected in March for $349 USD or CDN.
- Nikon Coolpix S32 – Basic waterproof point-and-shoot that goes down to 10m, resists drops of 1.4m and is freezeproof to -10C. Uses an unusually small 1/3.1″ CMOS sensor with 13 megapixels paired with a 3X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 30-90mm. Expected in March for $149 USD or CDN.